Internship in Global Operations Management
In this position, you will have the opportunity to learn about the whole ABB Power Grids business.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to learn about the whole ABB Power Grids business, get to know in a relatively short span of time several different cultures and countries, work closely with Supply Chain Management and Finance Management, and possibly visit ABB local units in Saudi Arabia, Brazil, India…
Assist the Global Operations Managers in various efforts for achieving operational excellence. Main tasks include:
• Management decision support: develop applications to retrieve and analyze operational and financial data from multiple internal databases, and present important findings in a meaningful way;
• Business alignment: coordinate the local units at a global level; facilitate sharing of best practices and implementation of global tools;
• Reporting: support the management team in monitoring the major KPIs and preparing presentations and meetings with the BU management and the different country managers; help country managers with clarifications about reporting and goals.
• Relevant previous academic/work experience
• Intercultural competence: since our business is very global in nature, effective communication with people from diverse cultural backgrounds is crucial to success.
• Ability to manage and deliver a project under time constraints
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, Access (desirable), and SharePoint (desirable)
• Understanding of Data Analytics / Business Intelligence technologies would be very helpful: e.g. relational database, OLAP cube, PowerPivot, etc.
• Excellent command of English; Knowledge of German is valuable, but not compulsory
• Availability from June 2018 for the Duration of 6 month
Additional Information ABB is able to offer you an interesting role within a highly motivated team, together with open communication structures. On the basis of a personal, practice-oriented introduction program, you will be given the opportunity to acquire the confidence needed to work independently as well as be a constructive member of an inclusive team within your assigned area. ABB is also able to provide a wealth of opportunity for personal development once you have completed your introduction period, the aim being to assist you in attaining your career goals. Personalized development programs with targeted training measures will help you to enhance your skills on a continuous basis. Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool. A better world begins with you at www.abb.com/careers
ABB Switzerland AG
Phone +41 58 588 56 38