Internships at ETH Zurich
The Swiss National Supercomputing Centre (CSCS), operated by ETH Zurich, is offering different types of internships
The Swiss National Supercomputing Centre (CSCS) is operated by ETH Zurich and is located in Lugano, Switzerland. CSCS develops and provides key supercomputing capabilities for solving important problems in science and society. CSCS is offering different types of internships in the field of High Performance Computing for the development and optimization of scientific applications, in order to exploit the coming generations of supercomputing devices.
Please check the CSCS website for details on the different topics: https://www.cscs.ch/about/internships/
1. Quantum Computing Simulators: performance evaluation
2. Using machine learning to help identifying root causes for system slowdowns
3. Continuation of the Development of greasy
4. DCA++ CPU/GPU consolidation with Kokkos and HPX C++ Tasks
5. Enhancement of MPI MapReduce backend for ABCpy
6. Development of applications targeted to High Performance Computing, as well as MPI and FFT programming
7. Metadata management and search for Permanent Identifiers service
8. Integration of permanent identifiers inside a scientific workflow engine
9. Exploring GPGPU Computing Possibilities using ROCm/HIP-based APIs for AMD GPUs
For the above positions applicants must be enrolled in a Swiss University (Bachelor/Master level) and the internship must be part of their education. The candidate must be a student in one of the following fields: Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or related fields. Please note that due to Swiss labour laws only EU 25 / EFTA nationals are going to be taken into consideration. Ph.D. students will not be considered. The ideal candidate is a team player and feels comfortable working in an international environment in the heart of Lugano, Canton of Ticino or in Zürich in Switzerland. Excellent command of written and spoken English (our official working language) is a must.
We look forward to receiving your complete online application, which we ask you to submit to Stephanie Frequente, Human Resources. Please specify in your application explicitly a maximum of 2 topics which fit your interests. As there is a high demand for the internships in certain periods and we can only offer 2 internships per quarter, kindly also state your availability. The closing date for applications is November 30, 2018. Applications will only be reviewed immediately after the closing date. Please note that we exclusively accept applications submitted through our online application portal. Applications via email or postal services will not be considered.
For further information, please visit our website www.cscs.ch/about/internships or contact Dr. Maria Grazia Giuffreda, Associate Director, by email email@example.com (no applications).