Please apply via our Online-tool: https://jobs.abb.com/jobsearch/index.html#posting/CH65934579_E1
As part of a semester or master thesis an existing MATLAB GUI for the design calculation of High Power Rectifiers will be reworked and extended. With this GUI it is possible to design the High Power Rectifiers according to the project specifications and important design criteria like choice of the rectifier type, semiconductors, fuses, cooling options and many more. It is therefore the most important tool for the engineering of High Power Rectifiers for this department, and it is also used by the sales department during the tender phase in order to check quickly if the existing systems can fulfill customer needs.
- Induction into the working principles of High Power Rectifiers and web based High Power Rectifier design tool RectiSmart
- Assessment of the existing MATLAB GUI (GUI Part 1) - Elaboration of the existing MATLAB GUI with additional functionalities of the design tool RectiSmart (GUI Part 2) - Improving the performance of the design calculations in MATLAB
- Testing of the new GUI - Elaboration and documentation of the process steps in a semester or master thesis (DOC)
- Bachelor/Master Student in Electrical Engineering, Information Technology or Computational Science - Fluent in English, spoken and written
- Knowledge in Power Electronics
- Profound MATLAB knowledge (as an asset also in GUI programming)
- Ability to work independently
- Structured way of working
- Accurate documentation of the process steps (especially for GUI programming)
ABB is able to offer you an interesting role within a highly motivated team, together with open communication structures. On the basis of a personal, practice-oriented introduction program, you will be given the opportunity to acquire the confidence needed to work independently as well as be a constructive member of an inclusive team within your assigned area. ABB is also able to provide a wealth of opportunity for personal development once you have completed your introduction period, the aim being to assist you in attaining your career goals. Personalized development programs with targeted training measures will help you to enhance your skills on a continuous basis. Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool.
A better world begins with you at www.abb.com/careers
ABB Switzerland Ltd
Telefon +41 58 586 87 54