Sustainable Infrastructure Finance/Data Expert
As an Infrastructure Finance Expert, you will contribute to the on-going work on financing topics in infrastructure.
The Global Infrastructure Basel (GIB) Foundation (www.gib-foundation.org) is a Swiss foundation working to promote sustainable and resilient infrastructure through sustainable infrastructure design and financing on a global scale. Active since 2008, GIB works with multiple stakeholders ranging from city representatives to project developers and infrastructure financiers, with a focus on emerging and developing countries. GIB is managed by ecos, a Swiss consulting company for sustainability affairs based in Basel, Switzerland.
If selected for this job, you will join a dynamic and multidisciplinary team of professionals working at the cutting edge of global sustainable and resilient infrastructure theory and practice.
We are currently looking to hire per 1 August 2018 or by agreement a:
Sustainable Infrastructure Finance/Data Expert (80-100%)
The position includes the following tasks:
- Research and data analysis on the finance of sustainable and resilient infrastructure.
- Contribution to publications and varied projects on the topics of PPPs/project finance/municipal finance/financial performance of infrastructure assets.
- Modelling of business cases in sustainable and resilient infrastructure (urban and rural) and providing advice on possible financing pathways for infrastructure projects.
- Project coordination and stakeholder management.
- Cooperation with other GIB projects (SuRe® Standard, ThinkNature, …).
• Advanced degree in related field e.g. finance and economy.
• At least 3 years’ work experience, ideally in a multi-cultural environment in infrastructure finance/ municipal finance/project finance.
• Understanding of statistical data analysis.
• Demonstrated interest in sustainability and resilience.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Proactive, solution-oriented and open-minded personality able to seize opportunities and adapt quickly to ever-changing priorities and environment.
• English fluency (written and spoken).
• Openness for traveling at home and abroad.
• IT Literacy including: Word; PowerPoint; Excel; Outlook.
• Valid work permit for Switzerland (EU/EFTA B).
• Knowledge of blockchain technologies/fintech.
• Knowledge of Climate Finance.
• Fluency in German and other languages.
Interested applicants with the required attributes are asked to send a detailed CV and a brief motivation letter in English by email to email@example.com. Please attach copies of diplomas and work certificates (in PDF) to your application. Application deadline: 11 June 2018. Expected starting date: 2 August 2018 (or by agreement). For further information please consult: www.gib-foundation.org and www.ecos.ch