Travel Journalism, Photo & Video Internship, CUBA
Journalism, Photo & Video Internship Seminar Havana & Trinidad, CUBA (July 2-15, 2018)
- Publish your own magazine about Cuba, with a byline on all of your articles, photographs and videos.
- Attend Editorial Meetings with RGNN Editor, where students pitch ideas for articles and articles are assigned.
- Attend Mentoring and Feedback Sessions with RGNN Editor to make sure your work is ready for publication
- Attend interactive Journalism, Photo & Video Workshops with RGNN Experts and Mentors (http://rgnn.org/academy/experts-mentors). Sample workshops include:
o Journalism Workshop: “Travel Writing 101: Potential Markets, Picking a Destination, Landing an Assignment”
o Journalism Workshop: “Get Paid to Travel: Taking Your Travel Writing Career (and Income!) to the Next Level”.
o Photography Workshop: “Tips, Tricks & Techniques to Achieve Better Street Photography”.
o Photography Workshop: “Photojournalism Workshop: Documenting Trinidad, Cuba’s 500 Year-Old Spanish Colonial UNESCO World Heritage Site.”
o Photography Workshop: “Cuba in Photos: Capturing the Iconic History of Havana”
o Photography Workshop: “Prepping Your Cuba Photos for Publication: Feedback Session”
- Link to what our students have published in the past: http://rgnn.org/academy/publications
- Welcome packet
- Accommodation, one week in Havana and one week in Trinidad
- Daily breakfast and lunch
- City tours, guided visits and excursions
- Airport pick-up
- Airport drop-off
- 24 hour local emergency support
- Certification of Portfolio of Published Content
- Internship Seminar Certification
- Letter of Recommendation of Merit, if applicable.
- Certification of Academic Credit. 80 hours of academic credit.
Scholarships of up to 500 Euros available.
Financial aid of 150 Euros available if you bring a friend.